Dozens of free digital magazines are brought to your library through Flipster. All you need is your library card number!
Checkouts are unlimited. Checkout durations may vary per magazine title.
Flipster is Available here:
For user guides and troubleshooting, click here.
How to read magazines (browser only):
- Click on the above link to access on your PC or tablet. Or, directly click here.
- Enter your library card number.
- Click on the small text that says "Flipster".
- You're now logged in! Click on any magazine title to read it. You can also browse magazines by category, latest issue, or through a keyword search.
How to create a personal account (browser only):
Want to save searches, create folders, and access other personalized services? Create an account through EBSCO Host, the parent company of Flipster.
- Once you’re logged into Flipster, click "Sign In" at the top right corner of the screen.
- At the bottom of the new page, click "Create one now"
- Follow the prompts to include your name, email address, etc. and click "Continue".
- You now have a personal account.
- Google Play (Android): For detailed instructions with pictures, click here.
- Apple App (iPhone & iPad): For detailed instructions with pictures, click here.
Amazon Kindle: For detailed instructions with pictures, click here.
Note: You cannot download Flipster from the Amazon store. You must download it via the above link.
How to download from Google Play and Apple App:
- Search for "Flipster – Digital Magazines" by EBSCO Information Services on either the Google Play or Apple App store.
- Click "Download".
- Once the app has downloaded, click "Open".
- Click "Get Started".
- Click "Allow" if you would like the app to use your location to suggest libraries near you that offer Flipster. Otherwise, tap "Deny" to manually search for libraries by entering a library name, postal code, city, or state/province.
- Choose your local library.
- Click "Login" and enter your library card number.
- You're done!
How to read magazines on an app:
- To browse all available magazines, you can
- scroll up and down the page
- click the menu icon in the top-left corner to browse by category
- click the search icon in the top-right corner
- click the icon at the bottom
- To download a single magazine, click on the magazine cover's image and click "Download".
- To download a single magazine or multiple magazines at a time, click the download arrow at the bottom-right corner of each magazine image. Then, click the green icon that appears to read the magazines.
- To download old issues of a magazine, click on the magazine cover's image, then scroll down to the old issue you want to read. Next, click the download arrow at the bottom-right corner of each magazine image. Finally, click the green icon that appears to read the magazine or retrieve them in your folder.
- stores the magazine titles you've downloaded and displays what percentage of each you've read. For easier browsing, click the trash button to delete old magazines you've read to quickly find new downloads stored here.
- brings you to the last page you were reading on the app.
If you have any difficulty installing or accessing Flipster, contact or visit your local library and we will be happy to assist you.