Lake County Library System’s Poet Laureate Program
The Lake County Library System’s taking nominations for a new volunteer position of Poet Laureate of Lake County Libraries. The Poet Laureate Program’s goal is to enhance the literary arts presence in Lake County. Encourage the reading and writing of poetry. The program will focus on the growth of poetry in Lake County and raise awareness of the power of poetry and the spoken word as a form of literature that encompasses all ages and cultures.
Click here to select Nomination Packet for a printable form or here for an Online Submission.
Eligibility: to be eligible to be nominated as Poet Laureate one must be...
- 18 years old
- A published poet through any media outlet
- A Resident of Lake County
- Possess a valid Lake County Library Card
If selected one must be able to...
- Pass a background check as a volunteer of Lake County.
- Serve a one year term.
- Commit to four volunteer Lake County Library Programs at any Lake County Library.
- Write one Poem for the Lake County Library Poet’s Journal
For More information click on Poet Laureate Terms & Conditions.
For more information contact:
Scott N. Amey
East Lake County Library