We invite you to submit your entry to either (or both) of our Nanofiction Contests. The themes are:
Sweep us off our feet in 100 words or less.
It Happened in Mount Dora ...
Fiction or non-fiction, your entry of 100 words or less must take place in Mount Dora.
Entries on other themes shall be disqualified.
Submission deadline: Friday, July 28, 2017 (see Nanofiction Contest Rules and Guidelines below for details)
Nanofiction contest entries will be judged by Writers One Flight Up.
Prizes: $50 First Place, $30 Second Place, $20 Third Place and Honorable Mention(s)
Finalists will be invited to read their entries on Saturday, August 12, 2017, at noon at the Writer's Expo at W.T. Bland Public Library. The Award Ceremony will immediately follow the readings.
Event sponsor: Mount Dora Library Association
Nanofiction Contest Rules and Guidelines
- Must be submitted by and the work of adults age 18 and over.
- Must be original, unpublished works only.
- Must contain 100 words or fewer.
- Must have a separate cover sheet which includes the author’s name, mailing address, phone number and email address.
- Name and identifying information must be not included on entry; only include it on the cover sheet.
- Nanofiction Contest theme used must be stated on the cover sheet.
- No identifying information (name and address) are to be stated anywhere but on the cover sheet.
- Must be electronic submissions only.
- Must be in a Word document, typed in 12 point Times New Roman and double spaced.
- Must have no illustrations or photos.
One submission per entrant per theme shall be accepted.
All entries must adhere to either the Romance or It Happened in Mount Dora ... Nanofiction Contest themes. Entries on other themes shall be disqualified.
Entries shall not be more than 100 words.
Submission deadline: Friday, July 28, 2017
Failure to follow the contest guidelines will result in your work not being considered. Please read and re-read the directions carefully.
Submissions shall be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org